Sunday, April 10, 2011

School Semester is Over! Nook book and Hush Money (Great Book)

Wow. I just finished another semester of school and after viewing a few blogs, I thought I’d take a look at mine again—I don’t exactly get the “A” for consistency, but hey, I just got done with school and white glove, so let’s not bring grades into it!

During this semester, I did quite a few things that aren’t recommended for college students…like procrastinate, play a lot, and buy a ton of ebooks!  xD The ebooks are kind of ironic, considering the title of my blog is “Use a Bookmark”! 

Before I went up to school, I discovered this nice little thing called a “Nook” on Barnes and Noble. It basically urges me to spend money (in a good way, it that is even possible). Late at night, when I can’t sleep, or during the day when I don’t want to study….it whispers to my thoughts. You neeeed to enjoy your time, relax and read a book, you have soo many choices and it’ll make you feel sooo much better.  I think I read 100x’s more pages for fun than I ever did in my textbooks. I would say “darn nook, why’d you make me waste so much time”, but I enjoyed that time, the books, and my grades weren’t horriblie, soo…                       mmm a blank, fill it in yourself! That way you can help me justify my bad study habits. 

The nook is such a handy tool, because it allows you to download samples of basically any book on Barnesandnoble.com. Granted, almost every sample I download leads to me buying the whole book, but it is a nice little feature. Like one of my new favorite authors, Susan Bischoff, says “I try to grab my readers’ attention within the first few pages because I can usually tell if I want to buy a book within the first three sample frames.” So book samples are great for determining whether a book is worth the money and the read.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hush Money” is one of the last good books I’ve read on ebooks. Sure, it’s more of a young adult read, but heck, I’m 23 and I really enjoyed it! Hush Money has super powers, future heroes, romance, and intrigue. What is not to like about that?! The only con is that this book is a little short, just around 200 pages. After reading the ebook sample, I HAD to read the entire book! So I purchased it, loved it, and I even wrote the author a thank you note.

And you know what the greatest thing about that is? SHE WROTE ME BACK! How awesome is that?! Read the book, you’ll enjoy it! And, please comment and let me know what you think.

Visit http://susan-bischoff.com to learn about her series!
5 out of 5 bookmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment